Monday, May 1

More Movie Reviews!

I love movies, and I love doing movie reviews! Movies represent a fun escape to me, something to watch in the background or a nice night in, cuddling with a giant bowl of popcorn. For my other movie reviews, please click here
Guardians of the Galaxy - This movie had a ton of hype and I agree with it, 110%. The film was hilarious, witty, fun and emotional. Basically everything a good superhero movie should be. I loved the establishment of this unlikely team and hope to see more of them. The film definitely brought Chris Pratt into my bubble as an awesome actor. The sequel to this film is coming out this summer and I'm looking forward to that as well! 5/5 

Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters - Sure, the premise of it is very "high school" and childlike, but for those of us who like that type of movie, this was great! A silly adventure story with kids. It was actually very reminiscent of Harry Potter. 3/5 

Frozen - This seems like America's new favorite movie. With a hit song, Let It Go, it seems like we can't let go of this film at all. I really liked it. I loved the song, but it's not my favorite Disney film. If you're one of those individuals holding out on watching it just so you can say that you haven't seen it... stop. If you like movies like this, go watch it. You don't have to love it! 3.5/5 

Captain America: Winter Soldier - I really enjoyed this film! It was leaps and bounds above the previous Captain America film in quality (reviewed here). It's actions were bold and changed the landscape for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. If you haven't seen the television show Marvel's Agents of Shield, I highly recommend it. 4/5 

The Amazing Spiderman 2 - Guys, it's no surprise that I just really like Andrew Garfield. I have to admit that despite the inclusion of Mr Garfield and his charming costar Emma Stone, this movie is just OK. I felt like there was less heart in this film, still, it makes me sad that the series is once again getting rebooted. 

Maleficient - This was a very cute movie. I definitely loved Angelina Jolie's Maleficient. It's just a fun family film. 

22 Jump Street - I'm not sure how these movies continue to be awesome. Despite this being a sequel, I really loved this film. It was incredibly self aware and made fun of it as a sequel. The meta type humor really appeals to me so I found the film laugh out loud funny. I'd definitely watch it again. 3/5

A Million Ways to Die in the West - I don't watch Family Guy, but apparently the humor in this movie is classic Seth McFarlane. If you like that type of movie, Blazing Saddles, or western parodies, I think you'll like this movie. If it's not your brand of humor, don't expect anything different. 2/5 

How To Train Your Dragon 2 - This movie definitely fell to the sequel downfall. The relationship between Hiccup and Toothless was still cute, but by going bigger and better and including giant dragons, it lost touch with its humble beginnings. Still an enjoyable movie. 

American Hustle - The only Oscar nominated film that I've seen, I think. My opinion? Very average. It was a decent movie, but it definitely made firm my preference of summer blockbusters over Oscar nominations. This was the first film that I saw Jennifer Lawrence in, and I can absolutely see why she's popular. I absolutely loved her character in this movie. 2/5 

The Lego Movie - Confession: I only watched half if this movie. It was interesting, catchy and unique but ultimately, it wasn't captivating. I found my attention drifting in and out of it. Everything is Awesome is a great song though. Listen to it on repeat. ?/5 

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle - Very... interesting. This movie was composed of action scenes held together by the loosest thread of a plot. The turtles were cool as always, but not as funny as I remember. Megan Fox as April O'Neil was an interesting casting choice. I really wanted to like the slightly feminist portrayal but the acting was a tad flat. 2/5

13 comments:

  1. I loved How To Train Your Dragon 2 (the animation! the music!) and The Lego Movie :D I'm surprised I enjoyed The Lego Movie as much as I did haha. I've also watched Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America Winter Soldier, Maleficent, and 22 Jump Street. -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Guardians, and I don't usually love super hero movies. :) I can't wait to see the sequel this weekend! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous post, as I haven't seen any of these yet. I've been watching late releases on Netflix, so I've missed these newer movies, so it's good to have an idea for what to expect. Thanks for sharing, girlie, and I hope you had a great weekend!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frozen and Captain America are two of my favorite movies ever xD

    cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to see Guardians of the Galaxy! My friend just gave me his copy though so hopefully I'll get to it this weekend! Happy to hear the positive review of 22 Jump Street- I'm always worried that sequels will be so much worse than the original. I've never heard of A Million Ways... but I did like Blazing Saddles so I'll have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so much like my own movie list so I enjoy all your reviews. Ditto.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these movies are so familiar to me. I have watched Guardians of the Galaxy, Frozen, Maleficient, and The Lego Movie. I don't really watch movies a lot though because I don't have the luxury of a very fast internet to download a lot of movies in a day. Haha. But it's good to read about movie reviews from you. Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Movie is definitely the time for putting everything aside and for going with the flow. Relaxing moment indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guardians of the Galaxy was SO good! I cannot get enough of Groot, lol.

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Looks like I've got lots to catch up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good recommendations! I've seen 4 out of those you picked! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like Guardians of the Galaxy- especially Volume 2. Baby Groot is so adorable! Frozen was such a big hit when it came out. It even inspired Disneyland to adapt the Frozen theme for its 60th anniversary at the park. Andrew Garfield was the perfect Spiderman. Thanks for sharing your review!

    https://exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved Maleficent. I thought it was done really well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!